NPF rejoinder to NDPP
Kohima, 20th June 2018.
The Naga People’s Front is surprised to have realized how much the NDPP is sheltering their mouth by diverting the two main pertinent issues on Naga integration and Citizenship Amendment Bill 2016, which the NPF have raised for the future of the Naga people.
Yet, they may try to divert and run away from the issue, the NPF being the parent political party of the state shall not allow to let these two pertinent issue to go scot free.
1. To no surprised, the NDPP have taken a sudden U- turn escaping the reality and admitted their role in instigating and lodging FIR against the President of NPF on grounds of the later seeking votes through communal lines. The NPF would like to remind the NDPP that, at no point of time had the party President broken any norms of Model Code of Conduct or insulted the Indian Constitution but rather, Dr. Shürhozelie Liezietsu has only touched and emphasized on the values of freedom of religion as enshrined in the Constitution of India. It is sad to observe the NDPP reeling in the frenzy of power which is clouding their minds from seeing the reality and blabbering away to glory without having any sense of responsibility towards the people they are supposed to govern.
2.Human memory is not so short as to forget the manner in which NDPP was formed as a political party in the state of Nagaland .NPF has no interest to debate on how the globe symbol was allotted to NDPP, and would like to point out that NDPP was never formed on the call of the people for change as claimed by them .Rather, the NDPP came into existence on the footnote of its total failure to hijack the NPF party after many failed attempts went down the gutters. Having explored all means at their disposal to hijack the ‘Cock symbol’, and with no other option left in their sleeves, they gave birth to their still born baby ‘NDPP’ party using unfair means and forged signatures claiming in the affidavits that they are not affiliated with any political party while leading the rebellion to bring down the NPF party at any cost. The NPF have no choice but to open the book of betrayal and deceit played by the people manning the NDPP party in the public domain for all to flip through its pages and find out who is playing the double standard hero part in flimsy style.
3. Time and again, the NPF have clarified to the people that it has severed ties with BJP. NPF being the oldest regional political party takes no pleasure digging the past stories but it shall always stand for the people with clear objectives to defend and protect the rights of the Nagas from unscrupulous leaders who are trying to sell the Nagas to outside forces.
NPF is saddened to see the manner in which the NDPP takes extreme pride in flaunting their seat arrangement status with the BJP party just before the run up to the general election .It is not for any other reasons but only because the baby NDPP party or BJP for that matter lacked the confidence to face the NPF alone knowing very well that it is an all too impossible tasks to bring down the regional party NPF, so they have connived together to formed the government at any cost. The more they tried to flex their muscles, the more they exhibit their weaknesses to the people and becoming a laughing stock in the long run.
4. The NPF, at no point of time intends to dig buried graves but is compelled to do so in the light of the NDPP party apparently having no more agendas to govern the state, and so is taking undue advantage and constantly provoking the NPF on the BA passed issue of its Former Chief Minister TR Zeliang. The NPF sincerely sympathize with the Chief Minister, Neiphiu Rio that how he wished to be B. A. Honors (Political Science) in his academic record. However, since Rio could not be qualified to be the B.A. Honors degree holders, the NPF cannot help much. But the NPF is never interested with the purchased fake certificate of Rio for that matter.
5. On the much acclaimed party recognition issue of the NDPP, the NPF is much relief and is rather happy that the power mongers have finally converged in one camp and is in no position to make a comeback or give headaches to NPF ,and wish they remain stagnated that way but would definitely like to issue a gentle reminder that power is just a passing phase and is temporary in nature with no surety of its future, and so there is no point losing one’s head or blow the trumpet too loud as politic is very unpredictable.
6.It appears very silly on the part of NDPP repeating its sloppy action against the NPF President and mentioning about the anticipatory bail. The NPF President, being the ever-sacrificial leader that he is, was ready to be imprisoned for a good cause, but on the swift intervention of the party loyalists who secured an anticipatory bail for him before the cops arrived at his home. Now, when this issue was raised by the NPF in the first place, the NDPP party denied it’s role, stating that they had no knowledge of filing any FIR against the NPF President. Nevertheless ,the skeleton has finally tumbled down the closet, the cat is finally out of the bag, it is purely the handiwork of the NDPP party stooping so low as to try and imprison a seasoned politician and leader such as Dr. Shurhozelie Liezietsu. The NDPP party instead of taking pride, should be ashamed of their immature political action which is only demeaning themselves. The NPF President or the Former Chief Minister, have at no point of time seek to garner votes on communal lines but has done all they can to protect the constitutional values of the country which is at stake. Also, propagating the right and freedom of religion does not in any way insult or infringed upon the Indian Constitution. It is high time the leaders in the NDPP party sober up and see the reality instead of believing their own twisted version on the whole issue.
7. The de-recognition issue which was raised by the NDPP is about embarrassing situation with the ECI. Since NPF is not party to the petition, is not in a position to highlight the people at the moment. However, the NDPP has already admitted in the media that they have problem with the ECI regarding the registration of their party. It was only learnt that the NDPP have requested extension of time to the ECI for their reply so as to avoid the de-registration of their party. The NPF only express its sincere concern for their well being and outcome with the ECI. How many times they are going to mislead the ECI, the NPF have got no idea. The NPF also assured that truth shall prevail, and sudden twist may take any moment.
8. It is shocking to observe the PDA government backtracking on every of their promises. Instead of having conviction to deliver what has been promised to the people at the onset of their much acclaimed government, the PDA government is smeared in issues that are unbecoming, hitting out at opposition party at every given opportunity without considering the weight of the matter which only propels everything is not well in their government.
9. The constant bickering within the legislators in the PDA government has become the order of the day, caught up in false promises and constant unrest within their own circle is becoming even more visible each day.
10. The NPF, as a regional party is in no mood to continue with the paper wars, as people are wise enough to see black and white themselves, and so will leave it to circumstances and facts on whether or not the question of merging of NDPP with JDU or any other political parties will happen in the future or not and urge upon the public to fix a keen eye on what will happen in the future.
11. It is totally disheartening to see the NDPP diverting the more pertinent issues at hand and feeding on fault findings in others instead of crossed examining their leader Mr. Rio’s fake ‘Honors ‘ degree as well, which is nothing short of buying fake certificates with money power. The NPF party leave it to the people to be the best judge of the matter.
12. Henceforth, the NPF party advice the NDPP party and its PDA government to be more practical and once again reminded the Hon’ble Chief Minister to reply and clarify to the Naga people on what ground he had declared the Naga integration is not possible and support the Citizenship Amendment Bill respectively without further delay nor diversion.
Naga People’s Front,