Dated September 20, 2017
The Consultative Meeting of the Naga People’s Front attended by Central Office Bearers, Central Executive Council members, Central Frontals & Cells and Divisional Units and office bearers on September 20, 2017at the Central Headquarters, Kohima, deliberated at length the prevailing situation and arrived at the following resolutions:
- Reposes unflinching support to the leadership of President Dr Shurhozelie Liezietsu and his team of office bearers, and at the same time, places on record our dismay at sheer and blatant disloyalty shown by few party functionaries who chose the proverbial thirty pieces of silver disregarding their integrity and honesty.
- Out rightly condemns the unconstitutional, illegal and unauthorized so-called General Convention being organized at Dimapur by expelled and suspended MLAs and MP whose sole intention is to destroy the NPF so that they can switch over to some other political parties in the months to come.
- Urges the Election Commission of India not to take cognizance of the so-called General Convention which does not have the sanction of Central Office and to treat it as an exercise by some frustrated former party functionaries to boost the sagging morale of their followers who have come to realise that they do not have the legal baggage with them this time round too.
- Scoffs at the hypocrisy of Governor PB Acharya talking about corruption in the Government when he himself was one of the architects who toppled the Dr Shurhozelie-headed Government which was determined to curb corruption such as back-door appointments, deduction of developmental funds, handing over the infamous MKR Pillai case to the CBI etc.
- Reminds the Speaker of Nagaland Legislative Assembly that though he had molested the Constitution of India by way of giving precedence to the Whip of his brother-in-law TR Zeliang on July 21, 2017, he should not murder Democracy and circumvent the Tenth Schedule of the Constitution of India [Para 2 (1) (b)] but give a time-bound ruling as specified by the Nagaland Legislative Assembly (Disqualification on the Ground of Defection) Rules, 2003, wherein he is required to pass an order within 7 days of receipt of the reply from the respondents.
- Expresses full confidence on the Judiciary to deliver justice at the earliest in the matters filed before it and appeal to the rank and file of the party to be patient and await the outcome of the Court verdicts.
- Commiserates the deaths of two veteran leaders of the party, namely, Zaku Tsukru (September 17, 2017) and Viyekha Apon, ex-MLA (September 18, 2017) and conveys our heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families.